A great resume will help you get noticed among the highly competitive job market in UAE. We are all aware of the do’s and don’ts of an ideal resume, but to add that cherry on the top Adecco consultants have suggested some keywords and data to optimise the SEO aspect of resume to help you position yourself over others.
We all know an ideal resume format will consist of candidate details and summary, but remember to add a virtual contact information for recruiters/ company to arrange online interview.
- Contact Information: Name, number, email, virtual username/email (skype; Microsoft teams), LinkedIn profile link
- Professional picture : There are no real benefits of adding a professional picture on your resume, however it will be solely your decision, if it does benefit the job you are applying, for example: application to submit a portfolio.
- Brief professional summary: In this section a maximum of 7-8 liners that mentions your career journey, achievements and aspirations
In this section keywords like marketing professional, enthusiast, sales professional etc. wont help you stand out instead consider adding words such as ‘Market Research’; ‘Data Analyst’; ‘Category Management’; ‘Product Development’; ‘Brand Management’; ‘Market Segmentation’ ;‘Brand Analysis’ ; ‘Revenue Generation’ ; ‘Communications and Customer Engagement’ ; ‘Product Launch’ ; ‘Customer Retention’ ‘Social Media Insights’ ; ‘Social Media Experience Management’; ‘Digital Marketing Growth’ ;’ Pricing Strategy’, ‘Customer Engagement And Experience’; ‘Public Relations’; ‘Thought Leadership’ ; ‘Brand Equity’; ‘Customer Loyalty’ Etc. In Short Keywords That Showcase Your Niche Skills And Expertise.
Trump information for your resume!
Data data data!!!!! This is the key
When you mention your work experience and job summary, don’t forget to include figures/ data about your achievements. Trump words such as ‘achievement numbers’ , ‘follower insights’ ‘ %increase in brand engagement’ or ‘revenue/ lead generation data’
*These keywords should comprise on the first half of your resume page, this helps recruitment consultants to quickly scan through your achievements in the first hand instead of reading through the whole resume
Note: Overall Resume should not exceed more than 2 pages (we mean 2 sides of one single page)
Data and keywords for below senior marketing professionals:
- Category Manager: Mention the main category: food / non food ; revenue per category; region
- Brand Management: What brands did you handle; new product launches, activations, branding strategies
- Sales Manager: Knowledge about HORECA (Hotel restaurants, catering) or Modern Trade (Supermarkets and Hypermarkets)
- Trade Marketing Manager: Marketing strategies; assisting wholesales and retailer on marketing strategies and brand awareness
- Digital Marketing: Data Analytics, Content Marketing, SEO/ SEM
- For senior management resume: It’s important to add region/segmentation, what regions were you taking care of example: MENA, GCC, LEWANT, APAC etc..
Also a brief information on: your leadership, innovation, thought leadership and community engagement initiatives would be an added advantage
Important keywords to add in a marketing resume
(depending on your specialization)
- Category Management
- Product Development
- Market Research
- Data Analyst
- Market Segmentation
- Market Research.
- Revenue Generation
- Communications and Customer Engagement
- Social Media Insights
- Social Media Experience Management
- Social Media Marketing / Social Media Campaigns
- Digital Marketing Growth
- Public Relations
- Thought Leadership
- Pricing Strategy
- Customer Engagement And Experience
- Brand Equity
- Brand Analysis
- Brand Management
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Retention
- Strategic Marketing Plans.
- Event Marketing.
- Distribution Channels.
- Product Launch
- Public Relations
Key skills to consider adding on your resume:
- Communication, Network and Negotiation. Good communication skills are the basic requisite for any marketing job. …
- Leadership Skills. There are several skills that define a leader. …
- Business Communication Skills. …
- Critical Thinking. …
- Project Management. …
- Social Media. …
- Analytical Skills
Avoid these keywords!!!!
Avoid the below self-centric keywords, instead use keywords that determine your contribution towards the organization or community. Self- Centric keywords to avoid: trust-worthy, believable, humble.. in simple words—> a quality doesn’t need to be on the resume, instead can be spoken during an interview with real time examples.
Some more keywords to avoid dynamic, detail-oriented, and self-motivated, result-driven (instead of using this word, mention the actual data/ results)
Supported, managed, achieved, improved, tailor-made, helped increase, innovated, lead a team, influenced a project, mentored, created, resolved, risk taken, volunteered, influenced, though leadership, negotiated, launched, revenue/profits, under budget, won.
If you have enjoyed reading this article, please reply to us on your feedback and comments. Also if you want us to give you some information on any other topic or industry do let us know at email@example.com