2021 is a year of hope, of new beginnings and resolutions. As we step into the new year, a lot of us are looking to 2021 with a hopeful energy, a need to make changes in our life, start on a new path, do new things, and say goodbye to old habits, problems and difficulties.
The year 2020 has been year full of learning , challenges which completely changed the way we look at our business in every department . Millions of people are facing the challenge of a lifetime, governments and businesses are also grappling with the economic consequences. The pandemic has forced governments around the world to heavily interfere in their economies and labor markets.
Hiring trends in 2021 are going to vary depending on industry and economic situation of the country hence decisions related to the next career move will be challenging. To be prepared in these situation, it is important to consider some aspects to help you navigate through the competitive job market.
We have combined top tips suggested by our recruitment consultants that will help you find the right job.
- Research on industries that are growing and have plans to expand in the region example healthcare, pharma, e-commerce, information technology, fintech, customer service etc.. Keep a track on market trends
- While hunting a job, don’t let pandemic setbacks prevent you from seeking the salary or designation that you deserve.
- Always be firm on your decision, know your worth and be ready to negotiate on your salary if needed in an interview.
- Update your resume with skills, certificates and achievements that you have attained during the lockdown in 2020. Show concrete data on your value.
- Be honest about resume gaps—hiring managers understand that layoffs happen.
- Register with career fairs, virtual networking events especially from the month of January to March, where most of the companies roll out new hiring budgets and organize career events.
- Register with recruitment companies and connect with the recruiters on LinkedIn
- Set realistic career paths and goals that are not emotional but can be achieved by constant persistence.
- Be flexible with your job search: There will be opportunities and jobs that might come your way that you haven’t considered in past, take a moment to review these opportunities and find ways to update your skills
- 2021 will also give rise to Temporary, Freelance, and Contract Work as firms will often rely on temporary or short-term project professionals. This will increase the probability of job postings that fall under the temporary, temp-to-hire, contract, or freelance categories.
At Adecco, our team of experienced recruitment consultants work tirelessly to help find people new jobs and build careers all over GCC region. We offer 360 HR Solutions to our clients such as temporary staffing, permanent recruitment, payroll and visa, outsourcing, PRO services, assessment solutions, executive search and more.. We take the time to familiarize ourselves with every single candidate on a personal level so that we are fully aware of what they want from their professional life. If you are looking to take the next (or first) step in your professional career, all you have to do is register on our website or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com and we will see what suitable opportunities we have for you at the time.
The New Year is like a book with blank pages. Change, improvement and success require constant persistence!
Wishing you a great week and best wishes for new beginnings!